POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS AVAILABLE BY J.D. MITCHELL:
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:20
1. “An Engineer Looks at the Creation/Evolution Controversy –The Creation Dialogues.” A presentation that looks in-depth at the Evolution vs. Creation controversy from the perspective and education of a Christian professional engineer and conclusively answers the question, “Can Christians really accept evolution and millions of years into their faith?” Based on the book The Creation Dialogues – 2nd Edition. Appropriate for ages 12 and older. Length: 45 minutes.
2. “Archaeopteryx — What Was It?” Using casts, photographs and the results of years of original research the opinions that Archaeopteryx, the “poster child of evolution,” was a bird are carefully examined. The animal definitely is not a transitional form between reptile and bird as promoted by evolutionists. You may be surprised at the conclusion arrived at for the world’s “most famous fossil.” Was it a bird, a dinosaur, a fraud, a mosaic like platypus? Appropriate for high school age and older. Length: 90 minutes.
3. “Divine Proportion in God’s Creation-the Hand of God.” Divine Proportion, the Golden Spiral, the Golden Rectangle, Fibonacci Numbers, Phyllotaxis, Phi, geometric figures in peacock feathers and more are all amazing evidences of the hand of God in the creation that are highlighted in this PowerPoint presentation. Appropriate for high school age and older. Length: 40 minutes.
4. “Polystrate Fossils & Petrified Forests.” Any fossil that crosses two or more sedimentary layers is called a poly (many) strate (strata) fossil. Polystrate fossils are found all over the world. In this PowerPoint presentation learn the geological and paleontological evidences surrounding these interesting phenomena and the interpretation that they are best explained by the Genesis Flood. Biblical-creationist explanations for the petrified forests of Yellowstone National Park are discussed among other related topics. Appropriate for high school age and older. Length: 60 minutes.
5. “Homology, Cladistics and Evolutionary Trees.” Evolutionists believe all of life has developed from common ancestors over hundreds of millions of years. The principle of homology (similarities in different kinds of lifeforms) is used as the “proof” for this assumed evolution of one kind to another kind. In this presentation the science behind these beliefs is investigated and a more realistic biblically-based alternative is proposed. Appropriate for ages 12 and older. Length: 45 minutes.
6. “Living Fossils” Living fossils are lifeforms found in earth’s rock record that have changed little or not at all compared to living examples of today. There are many hundreds of identified living fossils today and their existence cannot be satisfactorily explained by evolutionary theories. This PowerPoint presentation explores this fascinating topic and explains why living fossils support the biblical-creationist view of a recent creation followed by a catastrophic worldwide flood. High school age and above. Length: 40 minutes.
7. “A Comparision of the Most Popular Origin Beliefs.” A PowerPoint comparison of five of the most popular origin belief systems of Western Societies with regard to 19 different topics. Includes belief systems Biblical Creation, Intelligent Design Biology, Theistic Evolution, Progressive Creation, and Atheistic Molecules-to-Man Evolution. Appropriate for ages 12 and older. Length: 60 minutes.
8. “Was Charles Lyell a ‘Devout Christian’?” Lawyer Sir Charles Lyell is touted as the foremost geologist of the 19th century, a person of great influence on the ideas of Charles Darwin, and the strongest proponent for the doctrine of uniformitarianism. He believed in aspects of various theories of evolution, but never totally accepted Darwin’s theory. Some historians attribute this to Lyell being a Christian…even a devout Christian. This PowerPoint presentation uncovers the truth about the matter from the actual writings of Lyell himself. Appropriate for high school and above. Length: 60 minutes.
9. “Lucy and Laetoli.” Secular scientists of today teach that man evolved from an ape ancestor on the African continent millions of years ago. They also teach that the fossil Australopithecus afarensis (aka Lucy), an extinct ape, has a common ancestor with humans. These teachings are obviously at odds with the Bible. In this presentation the truth about this topic is uncovered and the significance of the famous Laetoli footprints found in stone in Africa is explained from a biblical perspective. Appropriate for ages 12 and older. Length: 40 minutes.
10. “The Power of Biblical Paleontology & the John Day Fossil Beds.” A discussion of how the subject of biblical paleontology can provide powerful encouragement to any Christian believer willing to do a minimal amount of research and study. Based largely on the book by the speaker, Discovering the Animals of Ancient Oregon about the history, geography, geology and paleontology of the John Day Fossil Beds of Central Oregon. Appropriate for high school and above. Length: 45 minutes.
11. “God’s Created Dinosaurs.” A presentation summarizing information on dinosaurs from the Guidebook to North American Dinosaurs According to Created Kinds by the speaker. This is a biblical creationist view explaining when and how dinosaurs came into being and what happened to them, as well as a hypothesis for the likely orginal created kinds of dinosaurs. Appropriate for youth and adults. Length: 30 minutes.
12. “Defending Your Faith: An Introduction to Biblical Apologetics.” This talk is designed to help Christians be better prepared to defend their faith in a logical and reasonable manner. The truth about the diametrically opposite worldviews of Christianity and Secularism is made clear. This presentation is appropriate for youth as well as adults. Length: 30 minutes.
13. “In Search of Leviathan.” In chapter 41 of the book of Job (in the Bible) is a detailed description of a creature that God calls Leviathan. Leviathan is described by God as being too ferocious for men to get near or to control. Was Leviathan a real animal or was he mythical or symbolic? If real, was he a land animal? Whale? Sea monster? Marine reptile? Sea dragon? Crocodile? The speaker will come to a conclusion as to what Leviathan was. Appropriate for ages 12 and older. Attendees will benefit more if they have recently read Job chapter 41. Length: 35 minutes.
14. “Whales & Fairy Tales.” A dictionary definition for a fairy tale is “an unbelievable story, a lie, or a made-up story.” The popular evolutionary stories for how whales came to be are cases in point. This presentation provides information on the two major categories of whales, explains current evolutionary explanations for how whales evolved from hoofed land animals, and shows how those explanations can only be understood as fairy tales. Information about whale watching on the Oregon coast is also included. Appropriate for ages 12 and older. Length: 40 minutes.
15. “A Grand Canyon Rafting Adventure.”In this talk a three-day rafting trip on the Colorado River through a portion of the Grand Canyon of Arizona is described and illustrated. Is the Grand Canyon the result of a little water over millions of years or is it due to lots of water over a short time? Learn the evidence, uncovered on the trip, that indicates the Grand Canyon to be a “monument to Catastrophe” and a “Testimony to Judgment.” Appropriate for ages 12 and older. Length: 40 minutes.
16. “Can the Secularization of the Church be Reversed?” (A Creationist’s Look at Biblical Compromise & its Effect on the Church). All indications are that the vast majority of Christian churches are accepting more secular ideas and practices with each passing year. This presentation documents the fact of the secularization, the cause of it, the resulting error of it, and then provides a Bible-based cure. Appropriate for all Christians, but probably most helpful for the edification and encouragement of biblically conservative parishoners. For high school age and older. This scripture-heavy talk is designed primarily as a sermon. Length: 40 minutes.
17. “Tools for the Worldview Battle.” This PowerPoint talk is designed to inform Christian families about valuable tools that are available to them to assist them in the battle between Biblical Christianity and today’s prevalent secular worldview. A summary of 32 years of study, research and publication in the fields of creation science and biblical apologetics is given. The tools for the worldview battle include The Christian Family Worldview Library and the online “Biblical Christian Colleges” listing. Many will find it surprising that true biblical colleges and universities have a remarkable variety of courses of study available in order to prepare Christians for most every valid field of endeavor. Length: 50 minutes.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BOOKING PRESENTATIONS BY MR. MITCHELL, PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW & CLICK ON “SEND MESSAGE.”